Skip to main content

If I Built a School

Since If I Built a House by Chris Van Dusen was such a hit in first grade last week, this week we read If I Built a School. The narrator was back to his very creative self, imagining all the different changes he would make to his school so it wouldn't be so ordinary.  His ideas included a robot to prepare anything you wanted for lunch, books that have real live pop-up scenes in the library, and bumper car desks.  In gym class students can swim, play on the trampoline basketball court, climb on the rock wall, and skydive in a wind tunnel. Students would never want to come in from recess, with zip lines, twisty slides three stories high, and the chance to go tubing in the water.

We brainstormed changes we'd like to see in school, and I told them we were going to present them to Mr. Demers and try to convince him to incorporate some of these changes.  I told them you'll never know unless you ask!

 


Comments